Tugela Mining and Minerals strives to be a sustainable enterprise that is profitable, cares about the health and wellbeing of its employees, and acknowledges the importance of environmental protection.
At Tugela, every effort is made to achieve these objectives and each team member acknowledges the importance of compliance to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards and good practice requirements.
A dedicated SHEQ department works closely with every operational business unit to ensure the company complies with legislation and is pro-active in its risk management.
The SHEQ department focuses on the following:
- Successfully facilitating and implementing SHEQ strategy and standards
- Facilitating the development and implementation of SHEQ Plans in all business areas in accordance with company strategy
- Managing the external certification of the Business
- Conducting Internal Audits to ensure compliance
- Assisting line managers to effectively identify and mitigate all SHEQ risks
- Facilitating compliance with legal and company requirements and standards
- Providing support and training to transfer SHEQ knowledge and experience to line functions.
Tugela Mining and Minerals is a Level 4 BEE Contributor.
A dedicated SHEQ department works closely with every operational business unit to ensure the company complies with legislation and is proactive in its risk management.